- Thought For The Day: "No one is honest when there is a punishment for honesty"….R. Animal
- What Facebook’s New ‘Engagement Advertising’ Means to Brands "Facebook, noted as the largest social network, is on a growth rate to increase it’s active users to 90million active users today in August, 2008 up from 54 million aprox at the start of the year. While presumed to be of a younger college educated demographic, it’s not the domain of the young alone as the largest growth rates are educated white collar workers, over age 25."
- Recruiting and the Art of Candidate Control Here is a good look at the kind of thinking that erodes our industry’s reputation. This article is rooted in the premise that "You are the recruiter and you are the one who asks the questions. They are the one being tested, not you. You already have a job and they are the ones who need to prove themselves to you." It Tribune loses $4.5B after major write-down How did I miss this? Sounds like they are preparing for bankruptcy.
- Man, I Love The Bill Kutik Radio Show He’s no Recruiting Animal but he is the father of a part of our industry. Tune In.
- LinkedIn launches an iPhone app, it’s simple but it means business"You won’t find all the bells and whistles that social network Facebook included likely to include a lot more of in the new version coming shortly), but I consider that a good thing. When I go to LinkedIn, I don’t want to poke people, I want to find a contact I’m looking for and get their information. The LinkedIn app is perfect for that."
Page 1 of 11