Thought For The Day
: "The Recruiting Industry Is Broken"
- News About News, in 140 Characters
With 3,000 followers in three weeks, this twitter feed is covering the last gasps of big media.
- The Secrets of Marketing in a Web 2.0 World
Just like it is in Recruiting, most marketers don’t understand the fundamentals of Web 2.0. Forward this article on to your boss.
- How To Use Facebook and Myspace for Recruiting
In a very thoughtful comment, Paul DeBettignies sorts out the process of using more social sites to accomples professional objectives.
- An HRchitect Beauty Pageant – Learning Management Systems on Friday, December 19. Register Today and Don’t Miss it!
Have you heard about these? HRchitect, a company that helps companies purchase HCM systems, is holding a series of"beauty pageants". The idea is that several competitors show off their various features and functions and that one is chosen as "Miss Universe". It’s an interesting twist and worth following.
- More Thoughts On Recent Employment Losses
Always informative, Simon Meth pointed to this set of graphs. They show that current job losses are not skewed from the norm. In other words, we’re in a normal cyclical contraction and not at the end of the world.