Thought For The Day:
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see. – Arthur Schopenhauer
- Google Lattitude
The future of candidate pools?
- Is Big Data at a Tipping Point?
"For the past several decades, an increasing number of business processes– from sales, customer service, shipping – have come online, along with the data they throw off. As these individual databases are linked, via common formats or labels, a tipping point is reached: suddenly, every part of the company organism is connected to the data center. And every action — sales lead, mouse click, and shipping update — is stored. The result: organizations are overwhelmed by what feels like a tsunami of data." Also see Big Data, Big Data Infrastructure, Big Data, Big Data and Big Data. It’s geeky now with big implications for HR functions and websites. This is the trend in 2012.
- User Experience Deliverables
On the back of my new business card, it says "It’s not what the software does; it’s what the user does." This article gets nitty-gritty about the real components of user experience. It’s written so that a manager can understand it.
- Eight Questions to Ask Your "Social Media Expert"
- “25 Random Things” Chain Letter Exploding Across Facebook
- The number of total Facebook Notes created per day has increased over 100% in the last week
- The number of people tagged in Facebook Notes per day has increased 5x in the last week
I’m on Twitter
. Catch up with me.