- Camera Phones Are Changing Everything
Transparency and accountability arrive in the form of a smart phone. Companies can no longer get away with bad bosses, sketchy ethical practice or mediocre working conditions. Everyone has comprehensive recording technology all the time everywhere. The new normal is “how will this look on YouTube?”
- The Future of Recruiting: The Final Chapter
This remarkably comprehensive look at the future of recruiting ought to be on your reading list. Recruiting sets the pace of HR technology and work process adoption because it is hyper competitive and market facing. From here, it looks like the future of big company recruiting, maybe. The other 80% of the workforce finds its gigs in other ways. This is a picture of one side of the future technological divide.
Take a look at this one. The idea is to park a ship 12 miles off the california coast in international waters. That way, people who want to be a part of the Silicon Valley culture but don’t have the documents can easily get in and out of the Valley without having to physically live there. It’s a not quite new concept in staffing. It has conceptual roots in the large compounds full of expatriates in the Saudi landscape.
- Understanding the LinkedIn Talent Brand Index
This is Josh Bersin’s understanding of LinkedIn’s new Brand Index. The trouble is that LinkedIn only measures activity on LinkedIn so the tool is really a measure of how well you are spending your money on LinkedIn and not a reflection of your brand at all. You have to use LinkedIn for branding purposes to even register on the scale.
- We Have The Whole History of the Web Wrong
1. The sharing you see on sites like Facebook and Twitter is the tip of the ‘social’ iceberg. We are impressed by its scale because it’s easy to measure.
2. But most sharing is done via dark social means like email and IM that are difficult to measure.
3. According to new data on many media sites, 69% of social referrals came from dark social. 20% came from Facebook.
4. Facebook and Twitter do shift the paradigm from private sharing to public publishing. They structure, archive, and monetize your publications.
- The Skills Gap: Talent Shortages and What They Mean
John Sumser takes you through the various ways people are thinking about the “quality” problem.
- 10 Ways to Effectively Market Your HR Business Using Social Media
A conversation with Sumser and Mark Willaman
- Enterprise Games – Merging of Video Games and Business Operations
Webinar from OReilly. If you are interested in Gamification this is a can’t miss webinar on November 17.
Page 1 of 11