7 Action Steps you should take right now
Becoming effective with mobile recruiting is an ongoing process. Mobile devices are an entirely new class of mass media and are evolving at an extremely rapid pace. While there is no substitute for having a focused partner who keeps you up to speed, basic sustainability will require that you become a student of mobile recruiting.
Here’s how to get started:
- Start collecting and analyzing your employment website’s traffic. Evaluate it weekly. Look for trends in platforms, mobile traffic as a percentage of overall traffic, geographies.
- Identify mobile recruiting approaches from competitors and trend setters. Which of them look right for you?
- Become a student of mobile trends. Watch the people around you and the way that they use their mobile devices. Take notes.
- Ask candidates, during interviews, what they think about applying with a mobile device. Keep a log of the data and discuss with your team on a routine basis.
- Set up a Google alert for ‘mobile recruiting’ and monitor it every day.
- Start thinking about which components of your recruiting process require slow or deliberative decision making and which can be done quickly and conveniently.
- Identify your worst recruiting hangups (and those of your applicants). Keep a list. Mobile will give you the opportunity and the motive to straighten them out.
John Sumser is the founder, principal author and editor-in-chief of the HRExaminer Online Magazine. John explores the people, technology, ideas and careers of senior leaders in Human Resources and Human Capital. John is the also principal of Two Color Hat where he routinely advises Human Resources, Recruiting Departments and Talent Management teams with product analysis, market segmentation, positioning, strategy and branding guidance.