On The Go v2.06
Watching HR Careers for Clues (Links to Linkedin Profiles (in bold) Where Available)
- Bemis Company, Inc appointed Timothy Fliss as Vice President of Human Resources. Fliss is replacing Eugene H. Seashore, who will assume a new role as Bemis’ Senior Vice President until his planned retirement in 2011. Prior to joining Bemis Company, Fliss spent 19 years at Schneider National, Inc., where he was Executive Vice President of Human Resources. He also spent six years as an officer in the Army Corps of Engineers.
- Jeffrey J. Hurd was named AIG’s senior vice president, human resources and communications. He was most recently AIG’s chief administrative officer and previously worked as senior managing director, chief administrative officer and general counsel of AIG Investments, and deputy general counsel of AIG.
- Purdue University announced that Luis E. Lewin, chief human resource officer at Ohio University, has been selected as vice president for human resources. He was at Ohio U since 2008.From 1987 to 2008, Lewin served in a variety of capacities for the Chicago-based Tribune Co., which owns about 10 major daily newspapers, including the Chicago Tribune and Los Angeles Times. The company also owns television stations and media content syndicator Tribune Media Services.From 2000 to 2008 as the company’s senior vice president of corporate human resources, Lewin oversaw a $30 million budget for human resources, property and corporate security. He successfully led the transformation of the human resources function into a more innovative and leading-edge contributor to the company’s strategic plan.Prior to being appointed senior vice president, he served in several human resource management positions at the company’s corporate level, as well as at the New York Daily News and Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel. He also served as publisher of Exito! a Chicago Spanish-language weekly newspaper.Lewin received his bachelor’s degree in 1972 from Wilmington (Ohio) College in psychology secondary education and Spanish and earned a master’s degree in 1974 in modern languages from Ohio University.
- Liz Claiborne Inc. announced that Lisa Piovano Machacek has been appointed Senior Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer. Ms. Piovano Machacek will report directly to William L. McComb, Chief Executive Officer, Liz Claiborne Inc. and is responsible for all Human Resources functions across the company.Commenting on the announcement, Mr. McComb said: “I am thrilled that Lisa will be leading Human Resources. Lisa is a long time Liz Claiborne Inc. associate with roots in product development and has a profound understanding of the fashion business. She also has deep connections with and respect from our associates and business leaders, and the essential functional expertise in building high performance cultures and teams and managing complex change. She will play an integral role in the next phase of our five-year turnaround.”Ms. Piovano Machacek joined Liz Claiborne Inc. in 1988 as an assistant in product development for the Liz Claiborne brand. In 1996, she was asked to join a three-year business transformation project ultimately responsible for the development and implementation of SEWN, a proprietary supply chain technology that impacted all aspects of the business. From that initiative, she transitioned into Human Resources in 1999 to serve as an HR Generalist for the Dana Buchman brand. Since then she has held a variety of Human Resources positions across the company, including most recently Vice President of Human Resources for Partnered Brands.
- Harris Stratex Networks, a provider of wireless solutions for fixed and mobile broadband networks, appointed Mimi Gigoux as senior vice president and chief human resources officer. In the role, Gigoux will be responsible for heading the company’s human resources organization.According to officials, Gigoux joins Harris Stratex Networks with over 25 years experience in human resources management, development and communications.Most recently, as the founder of Tribal Works Consulting, Gigoux provided consulting services to both private and public companies. Prior to her consulting role, Gigoux held senior positions at Redback Networks, Digital Fuel, NeoForma, and Mirapoint Technologies . As SVP and Chief of Staff for Redback Networks, Gigoux led organizational changes to address the company’s expansion and later led the integration of Redback into Ericsson.She started her career at Apple Computer working in a range of roles including customer relations, marketing, event planning and communications. “Mimi is a seasoned and well respected leader who brings a wealth of expertise in the key functional areas of human resources including leadership development, executive coaching, mergers and acquisitions integration, recruiting and compensation,” said Harald Braun, president and chief executive officer. Mimi’s many years of experience in understanding and managing complex human resources challenges coupled with her innovative leadership style will make her a tremendous addition to our executive team.”
Page 1 of 11